Thank you to all the Food Service Staff across the State!
On behalf of Project Bread, CNOP would like to express our deep appreciation and gratitude to Food Service Staff in all the schools across the state! We value your hard work and commitment to ensuring that all kids have access to meals during these difficult times.
Action of the month
Order FREE signage and engagement materials to promote your meal sites and increase participation!
Signage and engagement materials help promote your meal sites and let more families know where to access free meals.
To order your signage, please fill out this short form.
To order engagement materials, please fill out this short form.
To help us plan and get these materials to you quickly, please fill out these forms as soon as possible. We are working to ensure quick delivery of materials, but currently do not know the exact timing. We will contact you as soon as we have updates on timing.
- Please update your meal sites!
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) extended a number of waiver flexibilities related to the operation of the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and Seamless Summer Option (SSO). These extensions are planned to go through December 31.
We need your help to make sure the map continues to be accurate so that families can locate meals today, tomorrow and through the fall!
If you're currently operating OPEN SITES and don't see your sites on our meal finder map or site list, please submit them to us! If you have 5 or fewer sites, you can submit them through this form. For more than 5 sites, please fill out this spreadsheet and send to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to only submit your open sites for publication on the map.
Please remember that all sites must get approved through DESE, in order for meals to be reimbursable. Work directly with your DESE consultant on site applications and approvals. DESE has encouraged districts/sponsors to serve meals now, while applications/approvals are in process.
- Project Bread Child Nutrition Outreach resources:
- Check out our Facebook group for Massachusetts schools and sponsors!
This is a space for all Massachusetts schools and organizations serving school or SFSP meals to kids and teens. You can learn from your peers by asking questions and sharing best practices or challenges you are facing with colleagues across the state!
- To assist with communication around your school’s fall meal service, check out our COVID-19 Meal Information Resources page. New resources include letter templates to communicate with school staff and families of students!
- Check out this school meal recipe resource, that uses frozen commodity ingredients, that we are promoting in collaboration with Project Bread’s Chef Educators. More recipes created by our Chefs are coming soon!
- Other resources: