Who We Are
The Child Nutrition Outreach Program (CNOP) works to increase participation in two underutilized federal child nutrition programs, the National School Breakfast Program and the Summer Food Service Program (known as Summer Eats in Massachusetts). For over 20 years, we have worked directly with school districts, SFSP sponsors, and communities to provide technical assistance and innovative solutions to ensure these programs make the most impact on the children who need them. Together, we strive to ensure that all children in Massachusetts have access to nutritious meals, both in school and during the summer months. CNOP is funded by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and administered by Project Bread.
What We Do
School Breakfast Support
We know that starting a breakfast program, changing breakfast models, or increasing participation takes work. That's why CNOP is available to provide individualized support to any school in Massachusetts.
Our FREE school breakfast services include:
- Technical assistance to schools interested in starting a new breakfast programs or looking to expand an existing program
- Expertise in outreach strategies to increase breakfast participation
- Promotional resources to increase awareness about school breakfast
- Help organizing school breakfast celebrations and media promotion
- Support with school breakfast regulation compliance
- Tools to analyze the financial viability of changes to breakfast menus, service models, or staffing
Summer Eats Support
Whether you're looking to start a Summer Eats program or you've been serving your community for 20 years, CNOP can provide individualized support to any sponsor or site in Massachusetts.
Our FREE Summer Eats services include:
- Technical assistance to schools and community-based partners looking to start or expand a Summer Eats program
- Support with state and federal SFSP regulation compliance
- Expertise in outreach strategies to increase Summer Eats participation
- Promotional resources to increase awareness of the availability of Summer Eats in your community
- Help organizing Summer Eats events and media promotion
Contact CNOP today to access these and other resources to improve your meal programs!